Winter blues got you down? Whether you've got a vacation planned to a sunny destination far, FAR away - or you've got a staycation planned and just want to pretend it's nice + sunny - we've got new arrivals DAILY that will lift your spirits and have you ready for whatever style adventure is ahead!
Let's face it, vacations are an absolute BLAST, but the packing part? Eh, not so much! It can be super tedious and daunting, to say the least. What do I pack? What is the weather like? Do I need to dress up or be casual? Will I be laying by the pool or hiking in the desert? How many nights out will we have? All of these play a part in how we pack.
We've got a few tips and tricks to help lessen the stress of packing so your vacation can start out on the most relaxing note!
1. Think about the types of activities that you have planned - brunch dates, lounging by the ocean, hiking in the desert, a night (or two) out on the town. These all play a huge role in how to pack. Depending on how active your days are, you will need several outfits to accommodate each activity. Plan accordingly to leave yourself plenty of options - because....a girl needs options!
2. Multi purpose pieces are a MUST! Lightweight cardigans can double as a beach cover-up and your layering piece at night when it cools down. We love this option from Free People! I mean, how cute would this make as a beach cover-up? Basic dresses styled with sneaks and denim jacket can act as a casual look while strolling along the cute little shops, but can be dressed up at night by simply adding a sky high heel and statement jewelry. Versatile pieces like these will help simplify your packing and get the most out of your looks!
3. Be BOLD! Vacation is the time to step out of your comfort zone. Try those prints you might be a little skeptical of rocking back home! Throw on the bright pink dress! Winter is a time where the neutral color palette takes over so now is the perfect time to spice up that wardrobe! Sound scary? Try adding a floral blouse with your favorite, tried + true shorts or style a basic neutral top with a bright, patterned skirt or pant!
4. Don't forget the layers! I know, I know - you're leaving the cold, but even warmer destinations cool down at night or experience the ever so dreaded rain showers. Leave the chunky knits at home and opt for a lightweight cardigan as a layering option. After all, you read Tip #2 right? Lightweight oversize scarves are another great option - not only do they add a pop or color or style to your look, they can double as a cover-up while enjoying your beachside dinner date! We love this look from Elan as the perfect versatile cardigan that deserves a home in your suitcase!
5. Still feeling overwhelmed? That's okay! We've got the solution for you! Did you know that here at Leela & Lavender we offer complimentary personal styling sessions? You can book a stylist and let them know EXACTLY what you need and they will pull options for you to come try on! It's as easy as that. Simply fill out the form here and a stylist will be in contact with you!
6. Okay, just one more! We also added a pretty awesome feature to our website to make it even easier! See the trend here? We want you to enjoy vacation and not dread the prepping for it! We've added an entire "Vacation Style"collection to pull together all of our favorite vacay looks! Trust us, you'll want to check it out!
Let us know where you're going and what you're doing! And don't forget to mention us in your socials by adding #leelaandlavenderstyle so we can see how you've styled your looks!
Leela & Lavender