Anyone who really knows the ladies at Leela and Lavender know that we love an excuse to dress up and celebrate! This is one of the many reasons we love holidays like St. Paddy’s. Whatever your plans are for the day, we got some ideas to help elevate your holiday to be the best ever! Read more for outfit inspo and green themed ideas that will have this year being the best yet.
Spending this years St. Paddy’s out with friends, catching a local parade, or joining a pub crawl? We got your outfit needs ready! Below are some of our favorite St. Paddy’s ready pieces available in stores and online now!
- The Free People Violet Mini Dress - We love how versatile and fun this dress is to style! Available in white & green, both colors will be able to be worn again and again for easy looks to dress up with heels or down with a cute pair of sneakers or western boots!
- BB Dakota Loosely Inspired Top - The PERFECT green color for the holiday! We love how perfect this top drapes on all body types. Easy to dress up or down this is one of our staff favorites for a reason!
- By Together knit button up cropped cardigan - Going for more of a golden vibe? The bright lemon color in this cardigan is sure to stand out in all the right ways! ( Also check out the matching tank here for a cohesive, set like look!)
- Nation Claudine Yoked Tee - Not only perfect for the holiday, we are seeing this color coming in hot this Spring! Jumpstart the trend by debuting this piece ASAP for a fun, color pop look!
- BB Dakota Private School Pleat Vegan Skirt - We LOVE all the styling possibilities that go along with this vegan leather skirt! Dree it up or down, this skirt is so cute for any weekend festivities you have planned.
- Gold Pailys - The perfect shoe to top off any St. Paddy’s day look. (And oh so comfortable!)
Our other favorite part of this holiday? All the fun food and drinks that come along with it! Check out some of these cute cocktail recipes below that we can’t wait to try this weekend!
Luck of the Irish cocktail - the purplepumpkinclog.co
To make a batch of Luck Of The Irish party punch, mix together:
- 3 parts Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 2 parts Peach Schnapps
- 2 parts Pineapple Juice
- 3 parts Lime Soda
- Green Food Coloring – add a drop (or more) to get desired shade
- Add Jameson Irish Whiskey, Peach Schnapps, pineapple juice,1 drop of green food color, and ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 25 seconds
- Strain into a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top off with lime sparkling soda
- Garnish with cherries and mint
Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies - butterwithasideofbread.com
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 box 3.4 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 1 drop blue coloring + 7-10 drops green coloring
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Begin by creaming together the sugar and butter, in a large bowl, until nice and fluffy.
- Then, add in the egg, sour cream and dry pudding mix, stir well to combine.
- Next, in a separate small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- After that, incorporate the flour mixture into the butter and pudding mixture and stir until well combined.
- Now, add the mint extract and food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Lastly, add in the chocolate chips. I used 3/4 cup chocolate chunks, 3/4 cup regular chocolate chips and 1/2 cup Andes baking bits. Any combination is wonderful, but note that while the Andes mint baking pieces add an incredible flavor, they kind of disappear in the cookies. So add them in addition to the 11/2 cups chocolate chips, if you opt to put them in!
Start dropping the cookie dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
Then, bake for 10 minutes.
When done baking, transfer to a cooling rack.
Serve fresh and warm, enjoy!
Leela and Lavender