The 4th of July Rundown
As a North Dakota/Minnesota based company, We've all grown up taking the 4th of July serious around here. From the well renowned ultimate lake day of the year to family barbecues, we would dare to say that this is one of the biggest celebrated holidays of the year around these parts. This weeks blog goes out to all of you who can relate! Whether you're hosting this years 4th of July get together or chilling out as an attendee to the festivities, we have accumulated the rundown for our list of all things festive and (of course) fashion!
When it comes to the team at Leela and Lavender, we all celebrate the 4th differently. Some of us attend block parties or go to the lake, while others enjoy the day in the air conditioning. One thing we can all agree on however, is that the day is only made perfect once theres a cold drink in hand! Below we have accumulated this years drink which we are sure to be a fan favorite (and so easy to make!)
- 1 cup simple syrup (1 part sugar plus 1 part water, boiled until dissolved and cooled)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries (sliced in half)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- club soda or tonic water
- few sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- Fill Pitcher with ice and top with berries (save some to place in glasses).
- Pour in simple syrup and then wine until pitcher is ¾ full.
- Top off with club soda or tonic water, stir and serve in ice filled glasses. Garnish with mint sprig.
Serving size: 4
Of course, if you're here reading this blog, we are sure that you are just like us and interested in all things fashion that come with any holiday! Shop some of our favorite 4th of July looks below and leave us a comment on what you are doing to celebrate the holiday weekend!
Rails Tara Dress
Tencel Tiered Dress
Open Tie Cami Dress
Bella Dahl Slouchy Short Sleeve
Rails Josephine Top